Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Likert Scale

On a scale of 1-10

part 1: how happy are you?
I think I am at a 7 right now. Work is hard and stressful and I HATE getting up early but I have a job, family and friends so things could be worse. I dont think I am really cut out for teaching high school so that is why I am not a higher level of happiness. Plus I got a ticket recently and have to go to driving school so that is lowering my happy scale

part 2: how unhappy are you? (the first 2 don't have to add up to 10)
I think this is mostly dependent on how my classes are behaving. For the most part I think a 5. I have been very tired lately as I get up every day at around 5:15. I think most of my unhappiness is due to the fact that I always feel tired. I also don't find time to work out very much and this tends to make me some what sad. I also am stressed about what I will be doing next year and if I will get into a graduate school program.

part 3: how neutral or "checked out" are you?
Some days I feel very checked out but on other days I feel totally into teaching my kids. I don't know if this is because I can see the finish line in sight or if its just me and teaching. I think things would be different if diddnt think I was going to stop teaching after this year but since I do have that end in sight I believe I do have this "just get through this" feeling.

part 4: how happy would you LIKE to be? (and what are you willing to do to get yourself there?)
I would like to be a 10 who wouldnt! I think I need to find something I love to do and do it. I believe I am willing to take the steps to being completely happy weather that be quiting teaching or teching more.

No comments:

Post a Comment