Monday, March 8, 2010

Activities

So recently Brian May introduced me to the sport of rock climbing. Ever since the beginning of this year Peter Hansen, myself, Brian May, Colin Havercamp, and Jacklin Seagul have been frequently going to climb whether that be indoor climbing or excursions outside to actually climb real rocks. We have started to make a tradition out of climbing at the indoor rock gym every Wednesday. I really have love climbing it is not only extremely challenging physically (I don't think I have ever had sorer fore arms and back than after climbing) but it is also a mental workout as well. You are constantly solving problems in order to complete climbs. I have found this is a great release from the stresses of work as I can concentrate on something other than my classroom. I tend to not even think about my classroom when I am climbing. Some other things I like to do with other people are hiking, camping, playing soccer and since it is currently winter I love to snowboard with my friends. I also love to find time to spend by myself and decompress from constantly being around people. I really enjoy to find time to read or watch movies by myself. I also find it more relaxing to go to the gym by myself then with other people as I can do my own thing and not worry about others around me. I have noticed I enjoy being alone a bit more now that I am a teacher and I think this has to do with the fact that for most of my day I am surrounded by children asking me questions and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment